Wednesday, March 21, 2018

You Are My Sunshine -

You Are My Sunshine


The inspiration for this card comes from the sequin mix that I used. Well Yellow There from Doodles Paper Playgrounds Sparkle Blends collection. I have a hard time finding sequins that I think look yellow versus looking gold. These ones definitely look yellow and go perfectly with the Jillibean Soup - My Sunshine stamp set.


I decided to do a shaker and a slider on this card. 
So after I cut out my base panel I cut out the window for my shaker and the path for my slider.


I used this die set from Lawn Fawn to create the sun for my slider. 
After I layered the pieces I added a little bit of gold stickles.


I wanted to stamp my sentiment right on the window for my shaker so I used white Staz-On ink to be able to stamp on the acetate.


When I attached my window piece to the back of my card front I lined the panel up on my craft mat so that I could use the grid to make sure that my sentiment was straight.


I had originally thought about leaving the back if the card white but decided I did want some color behind my shaker to help my white words stand out. After I die cut my colored base panel I lined up my top panel and adhered the slider path negative die so that you wouldn't see the background through the slider path.


Here is my slider mechanism. I use use pennies and a piece of foam tape. I attach the foam to one of the pennies and place it in the slider path and then out the other penny on top to create a sandwich. Once my card is completely put together I can attach my sun to the penny on the outside.


I placed my sequins on the card front and added lots of double thick foam tape.


Once I got my card front on I felt like it need just a little something more so I die cut these cloud borders to add to the front. I also added a few sequins from my sparkle blends mix. 


A few close up pictures. . . I love this card!


Pick up your own pack of Sparkle Blends at www.whiterosecraftsllc.com 

There are more great Sparkle Blends and a large assortment of items for all your crafty projects!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment