Friday, January 12, 2018

Thinking of You - Foiled Feathers

Thinking of you



I really wanted to try out foiling in my cards but I do not have a Minc machine.

I searched YouTube and found a technique that I think is going to work pretty well for me. 
It does require a laminator, but I already had one that I bought at Walmart for $10.00. 
The only thing I had to buy for this was the Deco Foil!

So I decide to use the Dream Big set.



I stamped the two feathers using VersaMark and clear heat embossed them. 



I cut my DecoFoil to size. Next step is to run the embossed image and the DecoFoil through the laminator. The heat remelts the embossing powder letting the DecoFoil adhere to it. I ran it though 3 times to make sure it adhered well. 

Ta-da! It is super easy and I love how it looks!


Next I added my sentiment from the Couples Sentiments set and a few splotches from the Dream Big set.

I added a few sequins, they are clear but kind of have a slight white/silver coating on them. . . I don't know how to explain it. . .

I love how this card turned out! I love the foiling, it a great addition to my card!

Stamp sets used:
https://www.strawberryjudestamps.com/product-page/dream-big


https://www.strawberryjudestamps.com/product-page/couple-s-sentiments

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment