Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy Birthday Sunflower - Distress Oxides

Happy Birthday Sunflower


I got the new set of Distress Oxides 
so I figured I would try out a cool background that I saw.


I pulled out some colors that I wanted to use. I used an overhead transparency sheet to do my ink smooshing. . . Which I am not very good at but will continue to work on! 
I didn't use a lot of the Frayed Burlap, it has some blue in it and that popped out right away on my first layer. I wiped that color up right away.


So the back ground was a stripped distressed resist technique. I don't have a striped stamp so I used the Lawn Fawn  Stripey Backdrop die and created a stencil. I dabbed my Versamark pad right onto my background in progress through the stencil and then used clear embossing powder.


The next colors I added to the background were the greens. . . Because of the  clear embossing these stripes kept the yellow color. It wasn't exactly as I had pictured it but I think it turned out great. I knew that I wanted this card to have a black edge so after my panel dried I die cut it to be one size smaller and cut my black base panel.


My mothers birthday is tomorrow and thought this card would be perfect for her!
I used the sentiment from Strawberry Jude Stamps Rainbows and Roses. I white heat embossed it and used a die to cut it in to a banner.

I stamped the sunflower from Strawberry Jude Stamps Hello Sunflower on some vanilla malt card stock and used the Brother Scan N cut to cut it out. I did not color it in, it is a great stamp on it its own and I like how it stands out against the Distress background.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:





Thank you so much for stopping by!

Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!!


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the technique you did for the background. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Fawn! The background you've created looks wonderful and I love the pretty flower.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete