Monday, February 8, 2016

You're A-MAIZE-ING

You're A-MAIZE-ING!

I made this card for one specific challenge but I ended up being able to enter it into 3 challenges as it is that time of year for love and hearts. . . .

My Card. . .



I used the Lawn Fawn Happy Harvest Stamp set.



I used a new to me technique, I think it is called no line stamping or no line water coloring,  not quite sure. You do a second generation stamp of your image then color it in with watercolor. Makes it look like it was just water colored. I though this was going to be difficult but it was a lot easier then I thought! I did that for my crow, corn stalks and ears of corn.



I stamped the scarecrow in Simon Says Stamp Black ink and water colored using Distress Ink. I used a little bit of perfect pearl water on the shirt just to add a bit of sparkle.



I also stamped the sentiment in  Simon Says Stamp Black ink masking off the word MAIZE so that I could stamp that in Distress Ink Mustard Seed.



Then I added a slew of hearts stamped with Distress Ink Picked Raspberry, the tiny heart stamp is from the SSS I SEE YOU stamp set and added some yellowish gold glitter enamel dots from Virginia Turtle.



To complete my card I added a pink ribbon tied into a bow at the top.

I really like this card, I love this scarecrow so much! I think he's adorable!



Challenges:

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart 2/3/16

Lawnscaping - Sending Love 2/1/16

Craftin Desert Divas - Hearts 2/7/16


See you next time!

Fawn



Products Used:
 


1 comment:

  1. So cool that you used a fall-themed stamp set for a love-themed card! I also like that you tried a new technique on your card! Thanks for playing with our "Sending Love" challenge at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete