Saturday, February 27, 2016

I Wish You Were Here

I Wish You Were Here

My Card. . . .





Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge is Inspired by a Song.
I was inspired by Incubus 'Wish You Were Here' and used the Lawn Fawn Life is Good stamp set.

For my background I cut a panel from watercolor paper using the largest Lawn Fawn large stitched rectangle die, which is conveniently 4.25x5.5

I used Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass to cover my entire panel, then die cut the bottom portion with Lawn Fawn Ocean Waves border dies. I then covered the top sky portion of my panel with a mix of Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire and Salty Ocean. Then I basically did a die cut inlay and placed all the pieces on the front of my card



 To create some glittery waves I used the waves stamped with versa mark and heat embossed with Ranger Holographic embossing powder. I love how that turned out and next time I would do this step before doing the die cutting.



I die cut the little island from sandpaper for that sandy look and feel. I stamped the palm tree, crab and shell all in Simon Says Stamp black ink and colored with Zig Clean Color brush markers. I put some clear wink of stella and glossy accents over the shell, a few white highlights on the crab with a white jelly roll pen and used foam tape to adhere the palm tree and crab to the island.



I found these great felt clouds at Michael's and had been dying to use them! I cut one in half to use on the edges of the card and applied some stickles the edges. I took a line from the song to use as my sentiment and cut it from adhesive vinyl. For the finishing touch I added some doodlebug sprinkles, love these things SO much.

 I like this card  a lot! It's not what I originally pictured in my head but I think that it turned out great!

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Inspired By A Song




See you next time!

Fawn

3 comments:

  1. super cute card and I wish I was there too...it's freezing here...thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I love the clouds, they look like candy floss and so realistic! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great, fun card. Love the scene you have created
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete