Sunday, January 29, 2017

Christmas Series - Sending Warm Wishes - January

Sending Warm Wishes!

Hello! 

I have decided that this year I was going to try to do my Christmas cards through out the year. I sent a lot less cards than I wanted to because I waited till the last minute and just couldn't make enough cards.

So for 2017 I am going to be doing a set of Christmas Cards on the last weekend of each month. . . So far so good! LOL!

In my card for January I used Craftin Desert Divas stamp set Prickly and Lawn Fawns Hats Off to You and Merry Messages.

I die cut the base panel from the LF sticheched Rectangle dies and cut the oval focal point from LF stitched oval dies. Next I stamped the santa hat, colored with Copic markers and die cut them out.
I cut strips of green paper at an inch wide and then cut them in half to get a 1x6 strip of paper.

 


Time for the Cactus! I stamped my cactus on the oval piece and then used Prismacolor colored pencil and gamsol to color them in.

Time to assemble!



I started by adding the green strip of paper to the rectangle base. Next I stamped the sentiment from the LF Merry Messages set using LF Noble Fir ink.

                      

I ran all of my ovals and all of my hats through my Xyron sticker makers to make it easier to put together.  I put the santa hat on the cactus then put the oval on the base panel.



I wanted to add a little something to the santa hats so I used a snow marker to create a little puffyness on the hats. To finish off the cards I added a few glittered sprinkles from My Next Stamp.



I really like this card, although I think this one kinda took awhile. I didn't think I would be as labor intensive at it turned out to be. Next time I will try to make it a little easier, or I will do less cards if it ends up having lots of elements to it.

Thank you so much for checking out my post!

I am including this card in the following challenges: 










Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!! 
 Fawn

1 comment:

  1. super fun card!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete