Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Love

Love




I started by die cutting my base panel out of black card stock. I prepped it for embossing and stamped the word love first. I used a pearl embossing powder so that it was kinda soft, not a start contrast that white embossing would have given. Then I stamped and embossed the roses underneath.

After I embossed my panel it was looking a little like a chalk board so I went over my panel with my black distress ink blender. I didn't add any more ink to the blender, just used what was already in my sponge from the last time I used it. . . It made a big difference.



I colored this using FineTec Iridescent watercolors. . . . 
they are so different when you use them on black paper! 
They are not what I expected them so be.



Since all my painting on this card is shimmery 
I added a few black matte sequins to finish up my card.

I love how this turned out.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:


I created this card using two stamp sets from Strawberry Jude Stamps



Now, Get Out There and Create Something Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. Turned out gorgeous! Clever idea to go over the black base with your distress ink after you embossed. The layout is fun with everything close to the bottom and the sequins really give it a finished feel! Going to pull out my FineTec watercolors now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, it's beautiful and I love the shimmery lettering, it's perfect for our challenge theme! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Fawn. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us. Hope you're having a blessed week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete