Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Hello Baby


Hello! 

I am soooooooooo excited! I got new Lawn Fawn stamps! And I picked up the 60 count ZIG CLEAN COLOR Real brush Markers! I'm in heaven!

My point is I am making new cards! Even though I have already done most of these challenges I am entering them again cuz why not? New Stamps!

I also purchased a new Cricut cartridge. . . . All Occasions Box Cards. LOVE IT! I create my own little pieces to decorate it with and use thin strips of acetate and foam tape to attach it. . . . I think that quite a few of my next cards are going to be box cards!

My Card. . . . 


I used the All Occasions Box cartridge, I looked for the name of the actual card I used but didn't see one, It was the one with the ice cream on it.Obviously, I didn't use the decor that comes in the file. I delete all the little pieces and just cut off the parts attached to the boxes inner part so that I can attach my own.



So two of the new Lawn Fawn stamp sets that I got were Hello Baby and Plus One. The stork is from Plus One and the others are from Hello Baby. I stamped them in Simon Says Stamp Black ink, normally I also clear emboss these but this ink doesn't bleed when you use water on it and I was really excited to use my markers!  I colored them in using my NEW ZIG CLEAN COLOR Real brush Markers. I also used a ZIG Water brush to do the watercolor blending, Worked like a charm! I am so excited to use them on a lot of projects, all of them for a while to be honest! I die cut them out and attached them to the card with acetate and foam tape.


I put some enamel dots on the side flaps with the rattle die cut. With the Cricut file all the individual side panels are the same color. I wanted the side panels on the top flaps to be different then the bottom panels so I just sliced apart the ones I wanted to make different on the file. As my son would say, "Easy-Peasy Lemon Squeezy" LOL!


I finished with a sentiment stamped on white paper and Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry attached right to the front panel. I added some enamel dots as well to finish. The file also cuts a matching envelope but the cards are sized to fit into and A2 envelope so for this one I cut just the card, and it does fit in the envelope with a little room to spare.


If I thought that I finally had a good way to photograph my cards, all that went out the window with these. They throw shadow like crazy and it's not just one side you have to capture. But I'm pretty happy with my photos so far.

I am entering this card in the following challenges: 


 




See you next time!

Fawn



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, cute card! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so sweet ! Love it !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are adorable, and I love how you used them on this box card! Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete